To be the leading non-governmental organization in the provision of quality reading books and other educational materials in support of a literate environment in Ghana.
To develop and promote a reading and writing culture among pupils and students through the provision of quality reading materials and enhancement of skills of school teachers and librarians.
The GBT will pursue its vision and mission guided by the following values:
- Good management and corporate practices
- Gender equality
- Community sensitization
Recognition of GBT
- GBT’s contribution to education was recognised by Ghana’s Parliament in 2004.
- GBT also received the Ghana Book Award from the Ghana Book Development Council in 1999 for being the Best in Library Development for its immense support in the development of libraries and the publishing industry in Ghana.
- GBT was recognised in 2006 by the Coca Cola Bottling Company Gh. Ltd. for its Outstanding Support to The Coca Cola National Essay Writing Competition.
- GBT is recognised by other literacy based NGOs like IRead Ghana, Insight Foundation and OLE Ghana for supporting the reading culture of children.